The Horizon 2020 Work Programme 2016-17 was officially adopted on 13 October 2015, with a budget for the Energy Efficiency Calls amounting to approximately €194 million for 2016 and 2017.
EASME manages the Energy Efficiency Calls for proposals under Horizon 2020's societal challenge 'Secure, clean and efficient energy’.
Horizon 2020 has opened the first Energy Efficiency topics of the Call 2016 with a deadline of 21 January 2016 on the Participant Portal.
These funding topics are:
- EE-03-2016: Standardised installation packages integrating renewable and energy efficiency solutions for heating, cooling and/or hot water preparation
- EE-04-2016-2017: New heating and cooling solutions using low grade sources of thermal energy
- EE-05-2016: Models and tools for heating and cooling mapping and planning
- EE-07-2016-2017: Behavioural change toward energy efficiency through ICT
- EE-08-2016: Socio-economic research on consumer's behaviour related to energy efficiency
- EE-10-2016: Supporting accelerated and cost-effective deep renovation of buildings through Public Private Partnership (EeB PPP)
- EE-17-2016-2017: Valorisation of waste heat in industrial systems (SPIRE PPP)